Recipe by Impera_Magna
Delicious grits make a great substitute for rice or pasta. Serve these savory cheesy grits with shrimp or seared scallops, tender slices of meat, or lamb chops. Found online, posted for Cookgirl.
Top Review by SuzV
So yummy-- thanks for sharing! I love Havarti-- knew I had to give this a try when I saw the recipe. We had these with eggs and angel biscuits for dinner, but I will be making this again soon with shrimp or chicken.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (1 2/3 cup) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits (NOT instant grits)
- 4 ounces havarti cheese, shredded (or cut in small cubes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring heavy cream, chicken broth, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in grits and reduce heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in shredded or cubed Havarti cheese; continue to stir until well blended and cheese has melted.
- Serve in place of rice with shrimp, pork tenderloin medallions, lamb chops, or other meat or poultry.