Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious grits make a great substitute for rice or pasta. Serve these savory cheesy grits with shrimp or seared scallops, tender slices of meat, or lamb chops. Found online, posted for Cookgirl.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (1 2/3 cup) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits (NOT instant grits)
- 4 ounces havarti cheese, shredded (or cut in small cubes)
- Bring heavy cream, chicken broth, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in grits and reduce heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in shredded or cubed Havarti cheese; continue to stir until well blended and cheese has melted.
- Serve in place of rice with shrimp, pork tenderloin medallions, lamb chops, or other meat or poultry.
So yummy-- thanks for sharing! I love Havarti-- knew I had to give this a try when I saw the recipe. We had these with eggs and angel biscuits for dinner, but I will be making this again soon with shrimp or chicken.