Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have served this dish many times and always get rave reviews. The original recipe called for cooking, peeling and shredding russet potatoes. I decided to make it easier by substituting frozen hashbrowns!
- 32 ounces hash brown potatoes, shredded and thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat overn to 350. Placed shredded hashbrowns in large bowl and set aside.
- Bring cream and broth to simmer in small saucepan. Remove pan from heat and stir in garlic, butter, and Parmesan.
- Pour cream mixture into bowl with potatoes and stir to combine. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Scrape potato mixture into 2-qt. baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake until top is nicely browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Easy and yummy. I used half and half instead of heavy cream and I still had great results. I mixed about half of the cheese right into the potatoes. This goes well with almost any meat. Thanx for sharing!
Nice garlicky version of cheesy hash brown potatoes.
Excellent. Creamy, garlicy, cheesy and rich. What's not to like. Very easy to make too. This will be a hit for family gatherings. For tonight I cut it in half and it still made a lot. Thanks for sharing. Made for your win in Summer Spectacular 09 :)