Recipe by jkoch960
I have served this dish many times and always get rave reviews. The original recipe called for cooking, peeling and shredding russet potatoes. I decided to make it easier by substituting frozen hashbrowns!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Easy and yummy. I used half and half instead of heavy cream and I still had great results. I mixed about half of the cheese right into the potatoes. This goes well with almost any meat. Thanx for sharing!
- 32 ounces hash brown potatoes, shredded and thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat overn to 350. Placed shredded hashbrowns in large bowl and set aside.
- Bring cream and broth to simmer in small saucepan. Remove pan from heat and stir in garlic, butter, and Parmesan.
- Pour cream mixture into bowl with potatoes and stir to combine. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Scrape potato mixture into 2-qt. baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake until top is nicely browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.