Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious served hot, warm or even cold which makes this a great dish to take to a potluck! the cheddar cheese may be finely cubed in place of shredded if desired, if you are cubing the cheese I suggest to use 2 cups ;-)
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 cups cooked diced ham (can use more)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use 3-4 green onions, chopped)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (can use less)
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine thawed hash browns with ham, onion, two cans of cream of potato soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne and shredded cheddar cheese; mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add in 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or to taste).
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup (or more) Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for about 45-50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
My Grandma makes a dish very similar to this. The only real difference is that she doesn't use parmesan cheese, only shredded cheddar. It is the best comfort food! One of my favorite recipes, thank you!
This had a great flavor. I diced ham but something was off I couldn't put my finger on it so I added sasuage in place of the ham and it was great. This was really easy to make. Exerds sasuage