Recipe by Leslie in Texas
The chef at The Captain Lord Mansion, a bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine served this side dish at breakfast one morning and was kind enough to share the recipe with our group. I also think it would be great with ham or roast beef as a side dish. The chef also told us that he had used the same "sauce" ingredients with cooked elbow macaroni and cubed ham, baking it for about 30 minutes.
Top Review by mailbelle
DH as he was eating this: "These potatoes are SO good! --- These potatoes are really good! --- You're going to make these again aren't you?" It's obvious these were a hit at my house! Super easy & super tasty - thanks for posting!
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or more to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) canfrench's onion rings, slightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together except for the onion rings.
- Pour into a 9 X 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the crushed onion rings.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until onion rings are slightly browned and heated through.