Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This hash brown potato casserole recipe is the best I've ever had. The extra sour cream really makes it moist unlike other, drier recipes! The Velveeta shredded cheese is very important. If you can't find it in a superstore retailer's grocery section, try a dedicated grocery store. This recipe came from my good friend Nancy.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, shredded ("Velveeta Shreds")
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a greased 9x13 pan.
*Awesome* Truly delicious :) Rich and creamy. Made as written but omitted the garlic powder and only used 1/2 pint sour cream. This will be made often. Thanks for posting such a great recipe *Made for Spring 2010 PAC*