Recipe by carmenmitoff
I don't care for Hamburger Helper, but I liked the idea, and when Progresso came out with the New Recipe Starters I created this recipe using the Portabello Mushroom Flavor, it is very creamy and leftovers heat up very well. My husband loves this dish and he likes to add some extra chopped raw onions to his. This is a great original dish created by me.
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced (I grate mine with a fine grater)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 2 (1/3 ounce) swanson condensed beef broth (Flavor Boost)
- 1 (18 ounce) Progresso? Recipe Starters? creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 8 ounces PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 1⁄3 lb macaroni, cooked and drained till just tender
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet heat the olive oil on med high heat and brown the ground beef until no longer pink and browned well.
- Add the onion to the skillet and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sprinkle with the Emeril's Seasoning and stir to combine well.
- Add the worcestershire sauce, stir.
- Add the Progresso Recipe Starter, and add about 1/4 of the can with water to the skillet and stir together well.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add the Swansons Flavor Boost packets stir to combine well.
- At this point I cover the dish and simmer on very low for about 10 minute.
- Next add as much of the macaroni to your preference, recover, and simmer another 10 minute.
- Finally add the cream cheese spread mixing well to combine, recover and simmer another 5-10 min until the cream cheese is heated thru and creamy.
- Serve as is or top with extra chopped raw onions.
- This is very creamy and yummy! Enjoy.