Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This creamy ham sauce I came by when I was flipping through my "Recipes with Pasta" mini cookbook by Louis Adams. It can be for pasta but I think you could give it more uses. My mom makes one very similar to this one but we haven't tried this one yet. When I make it...I would probably add more taste to it...like onion, garlic, etc. but you can make it however you desire. It's very versatile and you can play with the ingredients a bit. Give it your touch! I will update it when I make it!
- Cut the ham in small cubes and finely cut the sage leaves. Mix sage with ham cubes.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and add in the ham and sage leaves.
- Then, add the cream to the ham/sage skillet and let it cook a bit.
- Add the grated cheese and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cook a bit more and serve hot with whatever you wish (pasta, chicken, etc.).
- Note: you can add bacon if you wish. Remember, give it your "special" touch!