Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some leftover ham that I didn't know what to do with and lets.eat Chef# 189616 came up with the idea for this recipe. And SarasotaCook Chef #132978 came up with the name. Thanks to both of you for helping me create this recipe. I bet this would also be good over toast,biscuits,noodles, or even rice. Submitted to Food.com (a.k.a " ZAAR " )on July 11th.,2012.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups ham, leftover and diced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk (may not need all the milk )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sized skillet over medium heat, add oil and ham then.
- cook ham until lightly browned.
- Add flour and stir until it looks slightly browned.
- Then add milk a little at a time, stir until gravy is as thick as you like it.
- After making the gravy, season with as much salt and pepper as you like.
- Add peas then and let the gravy simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- Serve over your choice of starch.