1/2 Photos of Creamy Ham & Peas over Spuds
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had some leftover ham that I didn't know what to do with and lets.eat Chef# 189616 came up with the idea for this recipe. And SarasotaCook Chef #132978 came up with the name. Thanks to both of you for helping me create this recipe. I bet this would also be good over toast,biscuits,noodles, or even rice. Submitted to Food.com (a.k.a " ZAAR " )on July 11th.,2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium sized skillet over medium heat, add oil and ham then.
- 2cook ham until lightly browned.
- 3Add flour and stir until it looks slightly browned.
- 4Then add milk a little at a time, stir until gravy is as thick as you like it.
- 5After making the gravy, season with as much salt and pepper as you like.
- 6Add peas then and let the gravy simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- 7Serve over your choice of starch.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ham & Peas over Spuds
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 1469.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g