Recipe by breezermom
This is a great recipe for a weeknight....it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare using cooked ham! With a salad and some garlic bread, this makes for a quick and easy meal. The original recipe comes from Taste of Home, submitted by Angie Smith. Try it over angel hair pasta too...its yummy with that as well.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 1⁄2 cups ham, fully cooked, cubed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, may increase to 3/4 or 1⁄2 teaspoon add 1/4 garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ham, 1/2 cup Parmesan, garlic salt, pepper, oregano, and nutmeg.
- Drain pasta; top with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.