2 hrs 30 mins
Lady Di Shea's Note:
For chowder lovers! This recipe is well worth the time it takes to make. So hardy and delicious, you will consider it the entire meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and Lima beans to a boil.
- 2Let simmer on Med heat for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove and let stand for 1 hour.
- 4Add ham and simmer until ham tender 1-2 hours adding salt approx half way.
- 5Remove ham from bone and chop into cubes.
- 6Mash beans just slightly.
- 7Cook onion, green pepper, red peppers and and butter in fry pan until tender (not brown).
- 8Add beans, ham, onion, peppers, corn, and milk to soup water.
- 9Simmer (do not boil).
- 10Add cumin, fresh garlic and black pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ham Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1708.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: