Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For chowder lovers! This recipe is well worth the time it takes to make. So hardy and delicious, you will consider it the entire meal.
- Bring water and Lima beans to a boil.
- Let simmer on Med heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 1 hour.
- Add ham and simmer until ham tender 1-2 hours adding salt approx half way.
- Remove ham from bone and chop into cubes.
- Mash beans just slightly.
- Cook onion, green pepper, red peppers and and butter in fry pan until tender (not brown).
- Add beans, ham, onion, peppers, corn, and milk to soup water.
- Simmer (do not boil).
- Add cumin, fresh garlic and black pepper to taste and serve.
I made this for a church potluck. It smelled good and those that ate it said the flavor was good but they would not call it a chowder. It was a good ham and lima bean soup.