Recipe by Kaysma
a creamy, one-dish casserole that satisfies even the pickiest eaters. i developed this from a plain hashbrown casserole side dish recipe in one of my weight watchers cookbooks. i usually serve this with applesauce and green salad. the leftovers are great the next day for lunch. for anyone else on ww, each serving is 4 points.
Top Review by lovestocook #6
I thought this was a good starter recipe. The only change I made was using cream of broccoli soup instead of cream of mushroom. Next time I will add more ham and broccoli and less potatoes; maybe add some chopped onion. Also, this makes makes a lot.
- 2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces fat-free ham, diced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 F stir together hashbrowns and cheese in a large bowl add pepper and melted butter.
- mix well.
- add brocolli and ham.
- stir to mix.
- add sour cream and cream of mushroom soup (undiluted).
- stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- sprinkle evenly with paprika.
- bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly.