Recipe by carolinafan
Great homemade flavor best describes this slow cooker dish.
Top Review by steincamp
I liked it. It was comfort food. My husband didn't exactly like it! It would have been a lot better if I would have used really good ham, i.e. Harry and David spiral sliced ham, instead of ham cubes. I will probably make it after Christmas using our leftover ham. Perfect with peas.
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, onions and ham.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Combine soup and water; gradually stir into flour mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- If desired, sprinkle with cheese before serving.