1/1 Photo of Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
This is a great comfort food in winter. I use Yukon Gold potatoes, but red ones work fine too. It does not take long to make. My two stepsons even ask me to make this in the summer. My three year old even loves it! Great served with cornbread or biscuits. Great for holiday left over ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large stock pot.
- 2Cover potatoes just to top with water.
- 3Add ham, onion, greek seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 4Cover with lid.
- 5Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- 6Add butter.
- 7Remove from heat and add cream.
- 8(Tip: To make soup thicker, mash some of the potatoes with fork or masher) This soup will be thicker the next day, if any is left!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.7
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 1409.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g