This is an indulgent dish but one that's perfect for using fresh asparagus.
Make and share this Creamy Ham and Asparagus Tagliatelle recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain, setting aside some of the cooking water.
- Cool and slice on the diagonal.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan, before adding the onion.
- Sauté until soft and then add the ham, cooking for a further minute.
- Add the asparagus and a ladle full of the cooking water.
- Simmer until most of the water has evaporated.
- Set aside while cooking the pasta in a separate pot, until al dente.
- When the pasta is nearly ready, reheat the sauce and add the cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for five minutes or until reduced by half.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
Nice pasta dish. I used fettuccine and leftover ham. This was so simple to put together and tasted great. Thanks Sackville for a nice treat. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.