Recipe by Slain's Girl
Can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is one that I love to make. I adore haddock and this sauce is delicious and creamy - I serve it on tagitelle, but you can use any pasta that you like.
- 500 g haddock fillets, cooked and coarsley flaked (Oak smoked prime steaks work best)
- 30 ml margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 15 ml flour
- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml spring onions or 125 ml chives, chopped
- 30 ml coarse grain mustard
- 125 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 ml nutmeg
- 3 ml salt
- 3 ml pepper
- 500 g desired pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to instructions provided and keep warm until sauce is ready.
- Heat the margarine in a frying pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add in the cream and the milk, mixing well.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken - the sauce should not be very thick.
- Stir in the mustard and feta cheese.
- Gently stir in the haddock and then add the spring onions or chives and nutmeg.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately on freshly cooked pasta of your choice.