Junior Best of Show Winner at the 2011 American Pie Council Pie Championship.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter flavor shortening, cut into cubes
- 2 -3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (this is 2 ounces less than the 8 oz block)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup guava paste, cut in small cubes
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored Jello gelatin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 drops red food coloring
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2For the Crust: Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add flour, salt, and sugar then pulse. Add in the cold shortening and pulse until it looks like peas. Then add water one tablespoon at the time and then process until it forms into a ball.
- 3Press with floured hands to a 5 to 6 inch circle, place dough between floured wax paper and roll out to desired thickness, remove top piece of wax paper and flip dough into 9 inch deep dish pie plate, remove other sheet. Fit in pie plate with hands and trim access dough from around edge. Prick with fork all over sides and bottom. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 4For the Creamy Filling: In medium size bowl add heavy whipping cream, and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Then add powdered sugar and vanilla, continue beating until firm peaks form. Set aside. In separate bowl add cream cheese and sugar, blend until sugar dissolves. Then fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread on bottom of pie crust and refrigerate.
- 5For the Guava Topping: In medium size sauce pan on top of stove over medium heat add the water and bring to a simmer. Then add guava cubes stirring constantly until cubes are melted, then remove from heat and add the gelatin, sugar and food coloring, stirring until well blended. Then pour gently over cream filling and place in refrigerator till set.
- 6For Whipped Cream Topping: In medium size bowl add cream and beat with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, continue beating until firm. Spoon topping into pastry bag and decorate as desired leaving some of the guava top showing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Guava Pie
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 285.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: