Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe handed to me by my Aunt Shawna. It's smooth, rich, creamy, definately not your average guacamole. Even my picky three-year-old daughter loves this. I usually eyeball ingredients when I make this, so the measurements are guesses. You can adjust to suit your taste! This guacamole is great served with tortilla chips, but I love to spread it on my sandwiches, too!
- 3 ripe avocados (I use Hass)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon adobo seasoning (I use Goya all purpose seasoning)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Peel the avocados and remove the pits, reserving one for garnish, if desired, and place the flesh in a bowl.
- With a fork, gently mash the avocados, leaving some small chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with reserved pit.
Growing up my dad's bestfriend owned a mexican restaurant and I have tried to copy the recipe and haven't came close. But this one !! Is almost identical !!! So good and addicting
This is amazing guacamole! My husband and I just sat and ate it long after dinner was done. This is my go to recipe now. I did squeeze some fresh lime juice in it to brighten of the flavor.
This is the best guacomle I have eaten in a long time. I put some fresh cilantro and a little purple onion and it was AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!!