Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You may also make this dish with chicken. From Cooking Light.
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatelli or 8 ounces orecchiette
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded gruyere cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- cooking spray
- parsley sprig
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Combine the flour and salt in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Stir in wine and pepper, and cook 1 minute or until shrimp is done.
- Add pasta, shrimp mixture, and peas to cheese mixture, tossing well to combine.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into a 13 X 9 inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy. Be sure to let the gruyere brown as stated in the recipe.