Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A throw-together meal inspired by Stroganoff on a day when I had too many veggies and no sour cream! Yummy! Throw in any veggies you have on hand, and amounts are estimated. This would very easily adapt to a crockpot; just brown the beef then throw everything except the noodles in, stir well, and cook on low for about 8 hrs. Make the noodles just before serving.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 bell peppers, diced (red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (3 cloves)
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- Brown the beef and drain very well.
- Add peppers and onion and saute until tender and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and heat on low about 5 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, tomato paste, and bouillon, stir well.
- Simmer on low, and in a separate pot, cook noodles as directed on package.
- Serve sauce over noodles.