Prep 30 mins
Cook 34 mins
From Cooking Light. Recipe by Frank Stitt. Per 1/2 c. serving: 141 calories, 3.9 g fat, 5.7 g protein, 20.8 g carb, 1.2 g fiber, 10 mg cholesterol.
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow corn grits
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Add water and salt to a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in grits.
- Lower heat; simmer 30 minutes or until thick and tender, stirring often.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in cheeses, pepper sauce, and pepper; cover.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in corn; saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add corn and onions to grits mixture; stir well to combine.
Super good. I couldn't find yellow grits, so I bought instant (I live in CA and that might be the problem). But they were SUPER GOOD and I would make again.