Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I try to make this every year for my Dad's Father's Day breakfast. It is one of his favorites. Very creamy.
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually stir in grits.
- Return to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheeses and hot sauce, stirring until cheeses melt.
- Serve immediately.