Recipe by Annie Michelle
A great tasting summer soup that can be enjoyed alone or used as a base.
Top Review by ccmugs1_12359705
We had an abundance of peppers this year and thought what a better way to use some up. I'm afraid this recipe is just bad. It mostly taste like balsomic vinegar with a hint of green pepper. Plus it looks as bad as it taste.
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 large green bell peppers (quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt
- mixed peppercorns (fresh ground)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender combine milk, balsamic vinaigrette and 1/2 of one green pepper.
- Blend on liquid setting until creamy and add another green pepper half.
- Continue alternating blending and adding green pepper halves until there is one half left.
- Add garlic powder and last green pepper half; blend this last portion on chop setting instead of blending until creamy.
- Warm up olive oil in a crock pot, then add green pepper mix.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat in crock pot on high setting until boiling, then turn down and simmer until ready to serve. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- This could also be made on the stovetop.