Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup was fantastic. Very decadent tasting and definitely a meal for two people. Wonderful soup with crusty bread for a rainy afternoon. We found this recipe in a Dutch magazine called Aller Hande (AllerHande 12 2004).
- In a soup pan, heat the oil.
- Add the green onions and half of the dill, saute for 1 minute.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of peas.
- Add the remainder of the peas and the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a handblender.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 12 minutes until soft.
- Add the rest of the peas and the cream cheese, and simmer until the cheese has melted.
- Add the smoked salmon and the dill and bring the soup to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Absolutely delicious! My husband turned his nose up at it and said it sounded bizarre but after he finally tasted it all I heard were compliments. My alterations...no dill since I didn't have any and parsnip instead of potatoes since I didn't have any of them either. We'll have this one again. Thanks so much.
This was superb. I didn't have any potatoes at hand so I omitted those and used 1/4 cup of milk in lieu of cream cheese and it was still delicious. I also halved the amount of onions used because it seemed a bit much and I worried that it would overpower the soup. I will definitely be making this one again.
This soup was delicous!!!!! Wouldn't have thought of putting salmon and peas together but I had all the ingredients on hand. Thank you for posting this recipe, I will make it again!