Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces American cheese, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 12 tortillas
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope green onion dip
- salad oil
- Brown beef with salt. Pour off drippings. Stir in Cheddar cheese and onion. Set aside.
- Dip tortillas in hot oil to soften; drain well. Spread each tortilla with meat mixture. Roll tightly and place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, milk and American cheese in sauce pan, place over low heat, stirring till cheese is melted.
- Add onion dip mix and chilies. (Best to make sauce before assembling enchiladas.) Pour over tortillas. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.