Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Received in an email; we eat a lot of fresh green beans...posting for future use.
Make and share this Creamy Green Beans Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a boil; drop in the green beans and return to a boil.
- Cook uncovered until the beans are bright green and barely tender, about 6 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; whisk the cream, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, and nutmeg into the melted butter.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Gently stir the beans into the mixture to coat; season with salt and pepper Return to a simmer, transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to serve.
These green beans are my new "favorite" recipe. We ate every single bite of them -- not a leftover in sight. I plan to make this green bean dish for my holiday meals this year. Thanks for the post! Made for Everyday is a Holiday, November, 2011.
I only had frozen green beans, but I followed the recipe other than that. I would love these with less nutmeg (and I love nutmeg), but it was overpowering in this recipe. I thought that 1 t was a little much with that amount of cream. I will make again but with less nutmeg. Thank you for sharing.
I made this tonight for the kids i also used can green beans it came out great . I added a sprinkle of garlic powder to it and it added an new dimension. I found the nutmeg was a little over powering though so next time I'll do what another reviewer suggested, cut nutmeg in half. My son who is almost 6 took one look and shook his head no way was he gonna try this. I made him close his eyes and then try it, turns out he really loves it just not looking at it!