Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is part of a Woman's Day recipe. I think it makes a great side.
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices orange zest (2-1/2-inch thick)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer beans to ice water to cool; set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and the remaining tbsp oil. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, paprika, cinnamon, pepper, and 1/4 C water. Add to the mushroom mixture and toss to combine. Fold in the beans and zest and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.