Recipe by LAURIE
A 'newer' version of "Green Bean Casserole" DBF loves this one but he is a stove top stuffing fanatic.....this is my way to give him two of his favorites at one time.
Top Review by T.O.M.
This sounds great - but I have a question and can't see any other way to ask it than to click the Review button. Is the stuffing mix to be spread dry on top of this casserole, or should the stuffing be prepared according to package instructions? Thanks, T. O. M.
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml butter, divided
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cubed
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 680.38 g green beans, thawed if frozen
- 709.77 ml herb stuffing mix (like stove top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Stir in cream cheese and soup; heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring gently. Stir in green beans.
- Pour mixture into a lightly.
- greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with stuffing mix; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot.