Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A 'newer' version of "Green Bean Casserole" DBF loves this one but he is a stove top stuffing fanatic.....this is my way to give him two of his favorites at one time.
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml butter, divided
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cubed
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 680.38 g green beans, thawed if frozen
- 709.77 ml herb stuffing mix (like stove top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Stir in cream cheese and soup; heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring gently. Stir in green beans.
- Pour mixture into a lightly.
- greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with stuffing mix; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot.
This sounds great - but I have a question and can't see any other way to ask it than to click the Review button. Is the stuffing mix to be spread dry on top of this casserole, or should the stuffing be prepared according to package instructions? Thanks, T. O. M.
I guess this would have been better if I'd prepared the stuffing mix - but the recipe did not say to, in fact it was clear about the ingredient being dry stuffing mix. Using it dry produced an overly crusty, rather dreary topping. I loved the green bean, mushrooms and cream cheese part, and will probably adapt that to my basic green bean casserole, using canned French fried onions instead of stuffing when I make it next time.
Hi Laurie, what a nice change this dish is! It combines the stuffing and green beans beautifully and is a great take on a "Green Bean Casserole"! We used fresh green beans, our own cream of mushroom soup(which is what we had for lunch)and 3 cups of mushrooms - it was really wonderful! We enjoyed it thoroughly and are going to serve it for our Thanksgiving meal. Thanks so much for sharing, it is a definite keeper, Diane :)