Recipe by mersaydees
A recipe I really liked based on one from JoAnna Lund's Cooking Healthy with Splenda. So, you can substitute Splenda back in if you so desire. JoAnna's hint: "Thaw green beans by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for 1 minute."
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups raw potatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine green beans, potatoes, and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Continue cooking for 10 minutes or until beans and potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- In a covered jar, combine evaporated milk, flour, and sugar. Shake well to blend.
- Pour milk mixture into same saucepan. Stir in parsley flakes and lemon pepper. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring often. Add drained green beans and potato mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.