Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice change of pace for an old standby. Someone gave me this recipe eons ago and it has remained a favorite. For those that prefer a little zing, you could add red pepper flakes, cayenne or some tabasco sause to taste.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans (We prefer canned.)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- Place beans in a covered casserole dish with 2 T. of water.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes in microwave oven.
- Mix the remaining ingredients well and then blend evenly through the beans.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
This is a neat and different way to make green beans, really tasty although I don't think I will try it again. I did use home canned green beans rather than store bought and I prefer them they way I normally cook them. But it was good for a change and I will keep the recipe just in case I decide to use it.