Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you're looking for something different as a side dish these green beans are a must. This recipe is so easy; that's the second best part (the taste being the first!). You don't have to measure anything, even the beans, just take a good sized amount that will please you and alter it to taste!
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (regular sized)
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut ends off of beans.
- Fill a small lasagna pan, cake pan, or casserole dish with the beans, mushroom soup and onion soup mix.
- Mix together well.
- Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes up to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, and serve.
Very easy & very tasty, though I think I would add 1/2 tsp pepper next time as it seemed like it needed just a little something. I used 3/4 lb green beans (= to 3 cups according to the measurement conversion page I use). I would guess that if you didn't want to bother with trimming the beans or if you just wanted to use stuff you already have on hand, a drained can of green beans or thawed frozen beans would probably work just fine in place of the fresh. Nice recipe. Will probably make this again.
Talk about easy and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly using my homemade onion soup base mix Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting Patti. :) Burnice