Recipe by lazyme
A simple but tasty side dish that can be made in the crock pot or stove top.
Top Review by *pink*
Awesome, flavorful, and light green beans! I didn't have the alfredo mix, but parmesan cheese worked just as good. This definitely doesn't taste like a light dish. I used the stove top method for a quick way to spruce up some canned green beans. This is also great with some minced onion and garlic sauteed with the green beans in the butter before finishing off with the alfredo/parmesan mix. Thanks for this great recipe!
- 1 lb green beans, fresh, frozen, canned or 1 lb Italian cut green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dry alfredo sauce mix, such as McCormick's
Directions See How It's Made
- Put frozen green beans in crock pot with salt and pepper; dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add cream and dry Alfredo sauce mix and cook for 30 to 45 minutes longer.
- Stove Top method:.
- Add all ingredients and heat until heated through and the sauce thickens.