Recipe by PickleLover
This is my own version of Green Bean Casserole, It uses a different ingredient, but I think it's the best. I hope You will like it too :) This recipe is what I make for holidays, but you can certainly scale it down to suit the amount you want to make. It does make less than it seems though, especially if you use the French style green beans (not to mention how good left overs are). Exact measurements aren't really neccesary though so don't be afraid to make less or more. For one can beans I'd use 2oz cream cheese and 1/3 can of cream of chicken.
- 3 (11 ounce) cans French style green beans (the ones sliced the long way)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350°F and grease a 9x9 or whatever sized dish you want to use. I don't suggest a 9X13 but anything smaller will do.
- Drain green beans VERY well, and mix with softened cream cheese, the soup, a pinch of garlic powder and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add 1/2 cup of the french friend onions.
- Pour into greased pan and cover loosely with foil. Bake for about 25 minutes Then remove cover and stir.
- Add remaining french fried onions to the top and bake uncovered for another 20 to 30 minutes Until it's bubbly and looks done.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy! :).