1/2 Photos of Creamy Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salads are usually only dressed with olive oil and maybe lemon juice or red-wine vinegar. But this dressing is made of 'Greek' ingredients so, it's my Greek Dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced fine (depending on how strong you want your dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (mediterranean)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or milk, but buttermilk is best, use 1/2 a cup if you want to use this as a dip)
- 1In a blender or food processor, whirl all the ingredients except the buttermilk for one minute.
- 2With the blender running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and blend until thick and creamy (turn off the blender as soon as the dressing thickens or it may curdle).
- 3Chill at least 1 hour so the flavours meld.
- 4Refrigerate, tightly covered.
- 5This makes nearly 2 cups of dressing and stays fresh for 3-4 days.
- 6If the dressing separates, just give it a whizz in the blender again.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Greek Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.2
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 727.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g