Greek salads are usually only dressed with olive oil and maybe lemon juice or red-wine vinegar. But this dressing is made of 'Greek' ingredients so, it's my Greek Dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced fine (depending on how strong you want your dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (mediterranean)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk (or milk, but buttermilk is best, use 1/2 a cup if you want to use this as a dip)
- In a blender or food processor, whirl all the ingredients except the buttermilk for one minute.
- With the blender running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and blend until thick and creamy (turn off the blender as soon as the dressing thickens or it may curdle).
- Chill at least 1 hour so the flavours meld.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered.
- This makes nearly 2 cups of dressing and stays fresh for 3-4 days.
- If the dressing separates, just give it a whizz in the blender again.