Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from The Best 30-minute Recipe of Cook's Illustrated. The flavor in this dressing work especially well with a leafy green salad with sliced cucumber and tomato. ETA : the taste is amazing. It's a bit hard to combine everything in the blender. Next time I'll use the food processor.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Process vinegar, shallot, garlic, oregano, mustard, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper in blender until shallot and garlic are finely chopped, about 15 seconds.
- Add mayonnaise and sour cream, and continue to process until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Add feta and pulse until just incorporated, about 5 pulses.
What a terrific salad dressing! So creamy and loved the flavor of the vinegar, dijon and feta. I used reduced-calorie sour cream, mayo, and feta with excellent results. Great on a salad and I'm sure it would be a great veggie dip too. Thanks for sharing a keeper! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by LifeIsGood
This was great over lettuce, carrots, and celery. Thanks! Made for the PRMR game.
This is delicious! I saw a review for it during ZWT and put it in my "Want to Try" cookbook immediately. A delicious change from the normal olive oil based Greek dressings. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe!