Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't made this. I saw it in Pingry Cooks submitted by Joan Kovacs.
- 6 tablespoons tapioca, minute style
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Mix tapioca, 6 tablespoons sugar, salt, milk, cream, and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg whites unitl foamy, gradually adding 4 tablespoons sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Cook tapioca mixture over a slow fire, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Add the tapioca mixture gradually to egg whites just until blended.
- Add vanilla and Grand Marier.
- Serve warm.