Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom's recipe for chicken livers
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained or 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Cook livers in half of butter until browned on all sides; remove from skillet.
- Add remaining butter to skillet; cook onion, mushrooms, and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add broth, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, and chicken livers; cover and simmer for 15 minutes; remove bay leaf and cloves.
- Serve with rice or noodles.