Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine. Rich gorgonzola cheese in a light cream sauce with walnuts and asparagus and of course, fettuccine. Serve with a salad and some bread and dinner is complete.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 cups asparagus, diagonally sliced into 1 inch pieces (about 10 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese (1/3-less-fat version)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water 6 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook for 3 minutes. Add flour, cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in cream cheese and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thick stirring constantly.
- Drain pasta and asparagus; place in a large bowl. Add sauce, tossing to coat. Serve with gorgonzola and walnuts, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired.