Recipe by JanuaryBride
Yet another recipe that was originally in Everyday with Rachel Ray, however I changed it up a bit. You use store bought Gnocchi and the sauce is super simple. This freezes well too!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half-and-half (fat free will not thicken up)
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 10 ounces frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce, thawed in microwave
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (I have also used Greek Seasoning)
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In the meanwhile, in a large skilled, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until softened (10 minutes or less).
- Add 1 tbsp flour to the onions/garlic. Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add the half and half and simmer, stirring constantly until slightly thickened (3 minutes). Stir in the cheese, spinach, broccoli, salt, pepper and spice. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- When the water is boiling, cook your gnocchi as per the directions on the package. Drain when done. Add sauce to the gnocchi and stir to coat. (You can either cook it or freeze it at this time).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- IF COOKING FROM FROZEN. . .bake uncovered 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.