Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This smooth and creamy side dish is an exellent variation to mashed potatoes or pasta. For a little extra flavour, try whisking in some grated zucchini or carrots, or even minced garlic with the cornmeal and salt.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 -5 tablespoons pure gluten-free cornmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated zucchini or 1 -2 tablespoon grated carrots or 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- Heat water to boiling in a saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in cornmeal and salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Season to taste with pepper.