- 4 cups boxed strained tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- ground black pepper
- fresh chives, snipped,for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes and evaporated milk.
- Wrap the ginger in paper toweling and squeeze the juice into the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until steaming.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle 1 cup into each of 4 soup bowls and garnish with the chives.