Recipe by Deantini
This soup is wonderful on any day, but especially on a fall day having carved the pumpkin for Halloween. The ginger and curry flavour work well with the pumpkin.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb fresh pumpkin, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (or you can use lighter cream or milk depending on how creamy or light you wish to have the soup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add onions, cook until tender approx 5 minute.
- Add pumpkin, broth and ginger and cook over medium heat for approx 15 min until pumpkin is very tender.
- Puree with hand blender (or pour mix into regular blender) until you have a smooth texture.
- Add curry, tumeric and cream/milk and heat through without boiling. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.