Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 large bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Stir in bananas.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Add pineapple and cold water to gelatin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 pan and chill until set.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar and flour, then gradually stir in reserved pineapple juice.
- Add butter and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
- Whip the cream and fold into the cooled pineapple juice mixture.
- Spread over gelatin and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours.