Recipe by Rita~
Garlic shrimp with a creamy sauce. This is decadently rich and flavorful. I used no boil wide sheets, You can use your favorite making 3 layers.
- 9 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles, 6 sheets
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced (10 cloves)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 15 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups heavy cream or 3 cups milk
- nutmeg (I used 1/2 nutmeg)
- 6 -10 leaves fresh basil (2 tablespoons minced)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 lb pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onions and cook for 5 minutes, add garlic and chipotles cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine to onions and deglaze pan, reduce to till almost no liquid remains. Add oregano and tomatoes cook for 5 minutes then add shrimp and just toss to coat ingredients. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a microwave oven add flour and mix till smooth. Add the cream and microwave for 4 -5 minutes, whisking every minute till thick.
- Add nutmeg to cream sauce. Mix in Parmesan and set aside.
- Mix together ricotta, mozzarella, egg and parsley, and black pepper set aside.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 pan.
- Place 2 sheet noodles on dish top with 1/3 cheese mixture then 1/3 shrimp mixture and then 1/3 cream mixture. Repeat 2 more times ending with cream.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes.