Recipe by JustJanS
My son is coming for dinner tonight, although he's a fussy eater, this is one of his favourites, so he's chosen it. I sometimes add a sliced chilli to this too.
Top Review by irayd8u
This was very good!! I used thawed frozen shrimp but didn't add them until step 6. I increased the garlic by 1 more teaspoon, added 1/4 tsp. white pepper, & a pinch of salt. I served this over linguine.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 kg raw shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 300 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onion tops
- hot cooked rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the shrimp, and toss to coat, cook for about 3 minutes, or until just pink and firmed up.
- Pour in the wine, and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce a little.
- Add the stock powder and cream, and bring to the boil quickly.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened a little.
- Stir through the sliced onion tops, and serve over hot rice in deep bowls, or a steak to make what we call Surf'n'turf..