Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been looking for a sauce to match one from a dinner theater i went to a few years ago. I haven't tried this one yet but i sounds close! Let me know what you think. Great over pasta or chicken or steak! I got this from allrecipes.com
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add garlic and saute until cooked.
- Add the flour and then whisk milk inches.
- Add the dried oregano and dried basil and stir until heated through.
- Serve warm.
Made lightly breaded pork chops, then made this with medium shells and added 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan. It was DELICIOUS!!! Next time I plan to save some of the sauce to pour over the top of the chops. Thank you so much. My family loved it!
I sauteed some chicken breast chunks, then added frozen peas, carrots and elbows macs. Added this yummy sauce and it was a dinner everyone liked. The sauce has a nice creaminess and great garlic flavor. Thanks for sharing!