Recipe by sugar bear
You can whip this up in no time. My ex-MIL used to make this all the time and I was shocked at how easy it is to make and how great it tasted since I wouldn't dare have any dressing on my salad until she gave me the look and I tried it. You can adjust the amount of garlic but watch out the longer it sits the stronger it gets!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3 drops olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise, hellman's
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped (Chilled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions and garlic into a small bowl(I use a fruit nappie.).
- Add just enough white vinegar to cover the garlic and onions in the bowl.
- Salt and pepper to your desire.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and mix everything together.
- Let sit until you are ready to eat.
- Mix in Hellman's Mayonaise a tablespoon or so at a time until you get the consistency that you like.
- Pour over 1/2 head of chopped lettuce(chilled)
- Toss and croutons and enjoy!