Recipe by Tish
This is a great tasty potato salad for a summer day. Great with grilled steak, chicken, or fish. It is best if made early in the day if you are serving it for dinner! Prep time includes minimum refrigeration time.
Top Review by love4culinary
Oh yum! My family really loved this! We served this along side some grilled morrocan chicken with lime (on kabobs) some grilled pineapple and baked beans. oh we had such a wonderful dinner! this potato salad is fabulous. My sister is begging me to send her the recipe, as she said it sounds delicious :-) I will let you know what she thinks! Thanks for the recipe!! I will make this again the next time I want potato salad! I did one thing different. I had to saute my onions a bit as I cannot eat raw onions. I just sauted them lightly and refrigerated them until they were very cold, and added them to the salad when told to. Other than that I did everything as suggested. I used light mayo with no problems. Wonderful flavors!
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 envelope lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and let the potatoes cook until they are tender, about 25-35 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, saving the garlic cloves When the potatoes are cool, cut them into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Season them with the salt and pepper, add the onion and celery, and toss to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the boiled garlic cloves, add the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and soup mix, and whisk to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss the salad until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours for up to 24 hours.