Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great tasty potato salad for a summer day. Great with grilled steak, chicken, or fish. It is best if made early in the day if you are serving it for dinner! Prep time includes minimum refrigeration time.
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 envelope lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and let the potatoes cook until they are tender, about 25-35 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, saving the garlic cloves When the potatoes are cool, cut them into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Season them with the salt and pepper, add the onion and celery, and toss to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the boiled garlic cloves, add the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and soup mix, and whisk to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss the salad until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours for up to 24 hours.
Oh yum! My family really loved this! We served this along side some grilled morrocan chicken with lime (on kabobs) some grilled pineapple and baked beans. oh we had such a wonderful dinner! this potato salad is fabulous. My sister is begging me to send her the recipe, as she said it sounds delicious :-) I will let you know what she thinks! Thanks for the recipe!! I will make this again the next time I want potato salad! I did one thing different. I had to saute my onions a bit as I cannot eat raw onions. I just sauted them lightly and refrigerated them until they were very cold, and added them to the salad when told to. Other than that I did everything as suggested. I used light mayo with no problems. Wonderful flavors!
I do not like traditional potato salad but this was fantastic! I could not find the Lipton soup so I used a different herb garlic mix. I also added more garlic because, you can never have enough! I don't like raw onions so I saut?ed mine with an extra clove of garlic, very tasty. I did let this sit overnight and didn't taste test prior to placing this in the fridge.
Highly recommend this to anyone who loves garlic potato salad tapas! Yum! Made a huge bowl and it was gone by the end of dinner!
If I could rate this a 10, I would! My picky boyfriend will almost never try anything new, which irritataes me no end, BUT HE LOVED THIS:) I did exactly, but added one hard boiled egg. It was so great yesterday, that he ate 2/3 of it, and begged me to make it again ASAP, and the hot potatoes are sitting in front of me, almost ready to be cut up:)
Thanks soo much!