Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is "to die for". Prawns sautéed in fresh garlic and coriander cream sauce. Simple to make. Remember to use lite cream and only half the salt content for a healthier alternative. You can also add extra cream if you like lots of sauce!
- 500 g green prawns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Peel and devein prawns leaving tails on.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a heavy based skillet, melt butter and olive oil on a medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add prawns and garlic mixture and increase heat to ensure prawns are cooked quickly.
- Toss prawns and mixture for 1-2 minutes or until prawns turn pink.
- Add coriander and toss for a further 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat. Add cream and stir through.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Yum Yum! JUST like the Creamy Garlic Prawns recipe I used to enjoy as a kid at one of our local restaurants.. now I can create it at home! I did halve the recipe for 2 of us, but accidently used the full amount of cream.. which made it perfectly saucy. Highly recommended, and a great simple but impressive dinner party meal.
Just FAB!!! Made exactly as stated as was soooo yummy! I love the coriander, fresh is best!!! Have used light and creamy Carnation Evaporated Milk instead of cream, worked well but didn't thicken as much as cream does, if you simmer it a bit, which I like to do. Thanks elle!
What a great and easy recipe! I used parsley instead of cilantro, but followed everything else as written. This came together in a snap and was on the table in no time. I added red pepper flakes at the table to give it a bit of a kick. Thanks for the great recipe!