Recipe by magic_elle
This recipe is "to die for". Prawns sautéed in fresh garlic and coriander cream sauce. Simple to make. Remember to use lite cream and only half the salt content for a healthier alternative. You can also add extra cream if you like lots of sauce!
Top Review by Mrs. Danger_horse
Yum Yum! JUST like the Creamy Garlic Prawns recipe I used to enjoy as a kid at one of our local restaurants.. now I can create it at home! I did halve the recipe for 2 of us, but accidently used the full amount of cream.. which made it perfectly saucy. Highly recommended, and a great simple but impressive dinner party meal.
- 500 g green prawns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein prawns leaving tails on.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a heavy based skillet, melt butter and olive oil on a medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add prawns and garlic mixture and increase heat to ensure prawns are cooked quickly.
- Toss prawns and mixture for 1-2 minutes or until prawns turn pink.
- Add coriander and toss for a further 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat. Add cream and stir through.
- Serve with jasmine rice.